Compassionate Teamwork and Groups
Today’s leaders must be skilled in both communicating with diverse groups and using communication to maintain effective teams to ensure organizational succeed, both on the ground and virtually. Critically, leaders, teams and groups must cultivate and deploy compassion to facilitate cohesion, camaraderie and esprit de corp.
Team based topics include addressing technical and non-technical audiences using presentations, interpersonal skills, and writing skills.
Team development instruction focuses on managing teams, identifying and understanding the leadership role and stages of development, the importance of shared leadership, product teams, and team decision-making.
The course will take place on the Brightsity platform, with all relevant content embedded.
Compassionate Teamwork and Groups Learning Outcomes and related psychometric measures:
1) Demonstrate ability to work well with others.(Teamwork, EI, Citizenship)
2) Produce effective written communications.(weekly journaling)
3) Deliver effective oral presentations.(dyadic process participation)
4) Demonstrate leadership skills.(Leadership, Managerial Potential)
5) Team Skills.(Stress and Anxiety, Social Dominance Orientation)
6) Develop and apply compassion for others and self.(Self Compassion and Compassion)
You will be trained in the facilitation of Teamwork building structured experiences and deploy them in the class with fellow students in a group.
The Brightsity platform links participants in a dyadic relationship to develop skills virtually with each other. This platform uses cutting-edge technology, clinical and social psychological tools and techniques, as well as psychometric evaluation to not only measure impact in terms of compassion and self compassion, but also in other very important areas of human well-being, such as stress, anxiety, and depression.
As importantly, we also measure vocational and occupational outcomes to ensure we can show a direct relationship between compassion and professional outcomes.
Courses and cohorts will be listed below soon.